History of the company

Third-generation family-run company

Our company can look back on over 90 years of experience. It is currently managed by a third generation of the Weigel family.

Over the past few years, we have extended our delivery program from analog switchboard meters and shunts through to transducers and a comprehensive range of digital readouts.

Our worldwide sales success is due to the superb quality of our products, speedy delivery, our high degree of flexibility and our customer-oriented attitude.

Our quality management is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001.

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

14.7.1919

Founding of the company “Martin Weigel – Fabrikation elektrischer Meßgeräte” by Martin Weigel in the Nibelungen Street 9, Nuremberg

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_02

1933

The production site was moved to 126 Humboldt Street – The picture shows the staff celebrating the production of the 50,000th measuring device in 1951

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1954

The production site was moved to 5 Peter Street – The picture shows the production area that was located next to the accounting department and the management in the front building

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1955

Robert Weigel (center) takes over the management

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1965

A nationwide network of sales representatives is launched

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1970

The production site was moved to 10 Hesse Street, Nuremberg – The picture shows an employee calibrating a frequency indicator with vibrating reed movement

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1977

“Martin Weigel – Fabrikation elektrischer Meßgeräte” changes the corporate name to “Weigel Meßgeräte GmbH”

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1983

Construction of the new production site begins on 14 Erlen Street – The picture shows the laying of the foundation stone where a box with documents is lowered into the base

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1987

Takeover of the casing manufacturer Ströbel GmbH

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1989

Second phase of construction (1st and 2nd floor of the new production site)

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1990

Extension of the analog panel meters product range, through the takeover of the plastics batch production of Metrawatt GmbH

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1994

Founding of the subsidiary Weigel – BSK SPOL. S.R.O. in the Czech Republic

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1994

Marie-Luise Rasch (nee Weigel) takes over management

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1996

Administration and production are both moved to the new building in 14 Erlen Street, Nuremberg

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

1999

Certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000

FOTOS_Firma_Historie_01

2013

Commissioning of the Weigel Solar plant on top of our factory by Storm Energy GmbH